GTA-NeXt Forums
April 20, 2024, 03:46:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Login Register  

Improved AI in combat

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Improved AI in combat  (Read 151 times)
Mr. Blonde
Russian Mafia

« on: March 19, 2011, 12:34:30 am »

Ok, so in past GTA's the AI hasn't really been that good when it comes to fighting and i think that firefights were a little easy (it improved in IV but i think it can be better)

So anyways i think in combat AI oppnents should use better tactics. For example, 3 gangsters are shooting at you. One of them can lay down some fire to keep you pinned down and then his 2 friends can flank you from each side. Also, if you throw a grenade they should attempt to throw it back if it lands close to them. Also if you are being chased in a car and you abandon your car insted of the people chasing you getting out of thier car they should just stay in the car and try and run you over or they could even pretend to surrender but conceal a grenade in thier hand to take you down with them.

As for hand to hand combat if you are fighting 2 opponents one could grab you from behind and then the other one could start punching you (You could mash a button to get free). Also they should be able to do counters (Not too much it would be annoying)

I think an improvement in the AI would make the game more challenging.
Report Spam   Logged
Boxx Machine
The Yakuza

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:40:08 am »

I agree with this. combat AI in the GTA games has always been lackluster.
Report Spam   Logged
Bones
Members

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:32:44 pm »

The pedestrian/gang/law enforcement AI has always been an issue with the GTA games, which is unfortunate.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: