GTA-NeXt Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:17:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Login Register  

Hacking Attempts

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking Attempts  (Read 511 times)
Matt-H
GTA-NeXt Network General Manager
Directors

« on: May 23, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »

I have recovered the forum and have banned all accounts used for hacking purposes as well as any accounts deemed compromised based on IP matches with the hacker. These accounts will be let back in after we have confirmed their safety and those who are too much of a risk have been emailed and asked to create a new forum account.

I will be the only staff member on these forums for the time being. TimK, Zak and Joe will still retain power across the network however they will be very discrete. In light of this also, we are working on securing the rest of the network, which appears as of currently - untouched.

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a message in this topic or send me a PM.
Report Spam   Logged
Matt-H
GTA-NeXt Network General Manager
Directors

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 04:13:08 am »

I guess I should shed some more light on the subject of Lutten.

Lutten name is Jimmy, otherwise known as Jimmy Thogonda (not sure how that is spelt exactly) who has registered on forums such as GTAForums and GTAGaming as well as a number of smaller sites and has attempted to gain positions of power on these sites. Of course, naturally, these sites would reject Jimmy's attempts to gain these positions, Jimmy would act out, again and again, until he was banned. Acting out could include things such as stealing content from these websites including graphics, mods, written content, guides, etc without giving credit to the original creator, or he would hack the target forum until he is eventually banned.

Of course, he stumbled upon here. Being a smaller, more relaxed; fan site, he figured we would be a prime target so he applied several times for staff positions here. I rejected him several times, as can be seen in the following emails:

Apparently, the rejection was a little too much for little Jimmy, and because I was a registered member on his forum - he had access to my password and email address and using this, he was able to get access to my forum account and use my forum account to get access to other forum accounts here and unfortunately, DTUMan's GTAForums account (I'm sorry that they don't believe you by the way) as he got access to DTUMan's account here.

Lutten/Jimmy proceeded to take control of the forums and all of the Admin accounts, taking them over, changing their usernames and emails and before he knew it, he had control of the forums.

There was another account, Conner, here which was the root Admin account. When he saw several members complaining in outrage, Lutten was stupid enough to give Solidus Snake moderator powers here and Solidus Snake, in turn, gave me access to conner, which I changed the name, email, password and other details and banned all other accounts involved in the hacking (those considered compromised). When I confronted Lutten/Jimmy regarding the hacking, he of course denied it however as can be seen above - the IP's all match, as well as the email addresses, and lead to Lutten being the perpetrator.

I have sent a message to Mike at GTAC with evidence regarding Lutten/Jimmy being involved in hacking this forum. Fact is, Lutten/Jimmy is just a spoilt little brat who thinks that everything should always go HIS way. Unfortunately, he is not going to get his way this time as he can only steal so many things and hack so many sites before someone retaliates, and that person is going to be me.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: