GTA-NeXt Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:06:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Login Register  

GTA V details leaked?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GTA V details leaked?  (Read 494 times)
Matt-H
GTA-NeXt Network General Manager
Directors

« on: June 04, 2012, 07:05:01 am »

Rumours are abroad today of the worlds largest GTA fan sites, GTANetwork, has been "shut down" because of a major leak in details relating to Grand Theft Auto V, which are said, according to a thread on the IGN message boards, to include a time window for the release of the next trailer "in a couple of weeks", the release date for the game itself as well as "major plot details".

The release date, according to the leaks; is 20th of October, 2012, with a new trailer in the next couple of weeks. The leaks were apparently traced to a Rockstar Games employee by the name of Joylon Orme who had worked on GTA: San Andreas and Vice City, and is currently working on Grand Theft Auto V as a vehicle designer.

This also compounds speculation that E3, which begins today, could also reveal more information relating to Grand Theft Auto V. However, although GTANetwork is the worlds largest Grand Theft Auto fan-site, it is also an independent website, and it is unlikely that the crash/downtime would've been caused on Rockstar's part. Whether this turns out to be anything or not, we will soon find out.

We will keep you updated in further developments as they come to light.

Real? Fake? You be the judge.
Report Spam   Logged
sonnyBlack
"Rest your trigger on my finger"
Premium Members

"Respect mine, or anger the Tec 9"

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:34:41 pm »

Nah. They were switching to new servers, which explains the downtime.

Waddy's post.
Report Spam   Logged

Khenan_Benfold
Hare Krishna

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 11:48:03 pm »

Nah. They were switching to new servers, which explains the downtime.

Waddy's post.
Yeah I was thinkin' the same thing man. I mean, why would Rockstar shut down an independent website? All just speculation with no substance to back it up IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
DTUMan
Zaibatsu Corporation

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:58:56 pm »

I was the one who suggested this to them, looks like quite a few people came to the site because of it. As you guys may not know, I am a news poster on http://grandtheft5.ucoz.com/ and I ran this story (with Matt editing and approving it) as someone else on these forums brought it to my attention. I looked around on the internet for related information and it would seem that many other forums/websites were discussing GTANet's closure as a rumour of possible Grand Theft Auto V information coming soon.

Of course Waddy's post pretty much puts this rumour to rest. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Zaibatsu Corporation

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 12:02:59 am »

I highly doubt that R* would trowel every single forum post, looking for leaked details and shut down an independent fansite just because an anonymous user posts "supposed" leaked details claiming to be from R*.
Report Spam   Logged
Don
Leone Family Mafia

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 03:27:31 am »

I highly doubt that R* would trowel every single forum post, looking for leaked details and shut down an independent fansite just because an anonymous user posts "supposed" leaked details claiming to be from R*.
This.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: